What's new from the previous release?
* Start-up sequence takes you to your current position as soon as position is found. If your position is not found in few seconds, you are taken to last known position
* You can rotate the map, so you can for example view 3D landmarks from all directions. Just press 4 and 6 in map view. Pressing 5 takes you back to 'north up' view
* In 3D view mode, you can tilt the view by pressing 2 and 8
* 2D/3D mode works with all map modes, i.e. with Map/Satellite/Terrain
* My Favourites menu is cleaned up and History list is moved higher in menu
* My Places has option "Point me to" for any saved place/landmark, you the direction to that place on the map
* In addition to the synchronisation of Favourites and Collections with Ovi Maps and vice versa (use in online mode, enable Internet connection), you can now plan routings on Ovi Maps and synchronise to your device
* Finally, many bugs have now been fixed
Compatibility and system requirementsMaps Updater and Map Loader 3.0 require Microsoft Windows XP or Vista.
Maps Updater requires Nokia PC Suite to be installed on your computer.
Maps 3.0Beta works with Nokia devices based on:
S60 3rd Edition Feature Pack 1 (E71, E66, 6110 Navigator, N95, N95 8GB, N82)
Special Note: "Not enough memory to start the application" when attempting to open Maps 3.0 on your device - We have noticed that in some cases, Maps Updater does not fully delete the old map data on the memory card. In order to resolve this, go to your memory card (e.g. via File Manager) and delete the “Cities” folder. After that, restart Maps 3.0.