Wednesday, September 23, 2009
Dreambox player and web streamer 5.0.7
Nokia pc suite
اInstall Dreambox player and web streamer 5.0.7
and from settings after running the program
Extract coreplayer to your pc
Install CorePlayer_S60_3rd_by_thouma20007.sis to your mobile by pc suite
after running coreplayer enter menu and enter local stream address or internet stream address taken from the streamer program in url entery
Monday, September 21, 2009
1- Install Ubuntu
there is allot of resources for this (i use 9.04)
2- Install Mythtv
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install mythtv
It will take a few minutes to download and install. It will pops up a few dialogues:
- It will ask you for a password for the MySQL root user. It is strongly recommended that you leave this blank. Specifying a password here has been known to cause database access problems later on. It may seem insecure, but on your home network should be okay.
- The second screen asks whether you want to allow remote connections to your backend. As a rule, that's not something I would usually recommend (ouch!), but as long as your MythTV box is behind a firewall I suggest that you answer "Yes" - it will make it much easier if you want to add a separate frontend in the future.
- It then gives some information regarding running
mythtv-setupto complete the process - we'll go through that in the next section.
- It then asks you again whether you want to specify a password for the MySQL root user. Again leave this blank unless you know what you're doing.
- The installation process has generated a password for your user to log into the MySQL database. See the file
/etc/mythtv/mysql.txt. You won't need this yet, but it's worth bearing in mind.
Select (New capture card). For a DVB card, change the Card Type to "DBOX2 TCP/IP cable box".
add the ip of the dreambox
leave all other values
Video sourceThis defines the source of the schedule listings. I dont know exactly what to do here but i make it EIT and named it w
This associates our Dreambox with the video source. Set the Video source to the one we've just defined, "w".as i did not yet find a way to scan channels, so we will do a manual chaned edit
Channel editSelect new channel
add channel name, channel number, Video source "w"
you can get the channel number from the decoder channel list
5- Testing the Configuration
Now you can exit the setup utility. It will ask you if you want to run mythfilldatabase. Answer NO.
Now run a MythTV Frontend from the menu: Applications->Sound & Video->MythTV FrontendSelect "Watch TV"
that is all for now, i'll keep updating it